Grant Enquiry Form
If you think you are eligible for a grant, please complete the form below or call us on 0300 365 1886 between 9.30am and 12.30pm, Monday to Friday to speak to a member of our team.
Please note there are a few criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible for a grant:
1. You must be in receipt of all eligible benefits to which you are entitled before making an application.
2. The following statements need to be true:
- I am living on a low income
- I live alone or only with dependent children
- I have right of residence in the UK
- I am over the age of 18
- I only have limited savings (less than £5,000)
- I can provide evidence of debt less than £16,000 (if you have high levels of debt, as part of our support we may signpost you to specialist debt advice )
- I can provide evidence/documentation of my current financial need
We are NOT able to offer:
- Financial support for white goods e.g. cookers, washing machines, fridge/fridge freezers etc.
- Financial support for household items or carpets/flooring
- Financial support or tuition fees for private education or students (those studying 16 hours or more per week or on a course that is classed as higher education)
- Financial support if you are entered into an insolvency agreement e.g. bankruptcy, Debt Relief Order (DRO), Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
- Financial support for bankruptcy fees
All grants awarded, including those in exceptional circumstances, are at the absolute discretion of Trustees.
See our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information about the grant and answers to common questions.
We will only collect information to assess your eligibility for a grant, to deliver that grant, keep in touch with you about the grant and to contact you about other relevant information.
Prevention and detection of fraud
As a responsible funder, if we suspect fraud when we handle your information we will:
- check your information against national databases and schemes where we are members / subscribers
- share your information with law enforcement agencies to investigate the matter if it is believed to be serious enough.
To find out more information about how we handle your data, including what rights you have over this information, please visit www.smallwoodtrust.org.uk/privacy-policy.