Grant Enquiry Form
If you think you are eligible for a grant, please call us on 0300 365 1886 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday to speak to a member of our team or complete the form below.
Please note there are a few criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible for a grant:
1. You must be in receipt of all eligible benefits to which you are entitled before making an application.
2. The following statements need to be true:
- I am living on a low income and tight budget
- I live alone or only with dependent children
- I have right of residence in the UK
- I am over the age of 18
- I only have limited savings (less than £5,000)
- I can provide evidence of debt of no more than £16,000
- I can provide evidence/documentation of my current financial need
We are not able to offer:
- Financial support to students (studying 16 hours or more per week or on a course that is classed as higher education)
- Financial support if you are entered into an insolvency agreement i.e. Debt Relief Order
All grants awarded, including those in exceptional circumstances, are at the absolute discretion of Trustees.
See here for frequently asked questions about our grants and the process.
Smallwood Trust is the Data Controller of the information you provide to us. We only collect information to assess your eligibility for a grant, to deliver that grant, keep in touch with you about the grant and to contact you about other relevant information. To find out more information about how we handle your data, including what rights you have over this information please visit www.smallwoodtrust.org.uk/privacy-policy.
We rely on your consent to use your information to send you other relevant information either about Smallwood Trust or our partners that is relevant to you. We will never sell your data to third parties and we strictly control what materials are sent to you to ensure they are useful and may be of benefit to your circumstances. If you would like to receive this information you agree that;
- We can use your details to contact you via email or telephone based on your preferences.
- We will hold your information on our contacts list securely held in the United Kingdom.
- We will delete your information from this list once it no longer needed or you remove your consent.
- We will not share your data with anyone unless required to do so by law.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. This does not affect your ability to receive grant payments.
You have the following rights over this information;
- You can ask for access to it
- You can ask for us to correct it
- You can ask us to restrict its use
- You can object to us using it
- You can ask us to delete it
- You can ask us to transfer the information you have provided to another organisation
You can find out more information about how your information is handled by Smallwood Trust, including how to make a complaint and contacting the Data Protection Lead at www.smallwoodtrust.org.uk/privacy-policy.